One of the beautiful teachers who was on my hall last semester had a baby, and I took her BBQ Chicken Pizza. She asked for the recipe! It is inspired by the lovely Jaime Miller, wife, mother, educator extraordinaire, who brought us the same good stuff when I had Abe. Here's how it goes:
Pizza Crust (you can buy them packaged on the pasta aisle...or you can make them from scratch. I have yet to find the perfect recipe, but I'll share below what I have tried and liked best. For Laney, I took her the packaged, so she could make them whenever she wanted.)
1 1/2 pounds of chicken (when I made it for Laney, I had used about 1 1/2 grilled chicken breasts, but you can use any chicken...if you need something fast, debone a rotisserie chicken from your local grocer and use 1/3-ish of the meat), chopped
1 sweet pepper (I prefer orange or yellow for color), diced
1/2 medium onion (I prefer red for color), diced
BBQ sauce, 2 cups (?) total (use your fave. Mine is Sweet Baby Ray's. Some like their BBQ a little bit (or a lot) spicy, follow your palate!)
2 cups shredded sharp cheddar (you could use mozzerella, but I love the combo of the sharp cheddar and the BBQ)
Preheat oven 425, or as your packaged or particular pizza crust recipe recommends.
Sautee the sweet pepper & onion. Once carmelized, toss it in one cup of BBQ sauce & chicken (I do this in a separate bowl). This much mix will make 2 pizzas.
Layer it: crust, (more) BBQ sauce, pepper-onion-BBQ-chicken, cheese.
And bake until the cheese is golden & bubbly.
Simple, satisfying, and delish.
PIZZA CRUST:
Preheat oven 425
Dissolve 1 package (2 1/4 tsp.) active dry yeast in 3/4 cups VERY WARM water.
In a large bowl, blend 2 cups all-purpose flour, 1/2 tsp salt, and the yeast mixture. Cover it and let it rise for 5 minutes.
Grease your pizza pan. Dust it with corn meal. (I am ignorant of pizza stones, though I do covet them! If you're using one, do you grease it?) I usually freestyle roll it out on a flour-dusted countertop, then lay the crust on a cookie sheet. But you can press the dough into the round pizza pan/stone.
No greasing of the pizza stone. It's completely dry. Just sprinkle some cornmeal under whatever you're baking so it'll slide off easily.
ReplyDeleteThank ya, dear! :)
ReplyDelete