Tuesday, July 24, 2012

shape

This video changed with way I look at being more active than I have ever been. Thirty minutes of walking, running is better, and I reduce the risk of death by 50%. What?

 

I have tried to be more active before. But I lose motivation so easily. I was discussing with a good friend my psychoanalysis of why I have been inconsistent, and she basically said, "Don't psych yourself out, just do it." That's what friends are for! So instead of thinking too much about it, how hard it is, what my goals are, how fabulous I am going to look in a two-piece (hahahahaha!), I am just doing it.

I am, by no means, in shape. I have run a total of 5 times in two weeks. I can do better. But I am not setting any firm goals, I am just doing what feels good. Yes, whatever releases those endorphins. I am through the initial body aches. Why run if it doesn't feel good. I challenge myself when I feel like it. But I am not doing this to beat anyone.

Of course, a secondary motivation for getting in shape is to tone my core. Two pregnancies did a number on my shape! Add a few sit-ups to my run each day, and hopefully, soon, my core will not look so beat up! ...and maybe I will be a little more ready to take on another pregnancy!

With the support of a few friends, a good pair of shoes, and little to no self-doubt, I hope to be healthier and healthier!

No comments:

Post a Comment