Tuesday, July 24, 2012

I am the Party Planning Committee

I have a mother-in-law. She is fantastic. She is turning sixty. We are having a party. 

Pinterest is my quiet obsession. And this party has justified it. Here are some of my pins:
Instead of doing two cupcakes, we are going to do one. I will put some pearly M&M wannabees from Party City in the bottom and top it with a Hy-Vee cupcake. And we're doing champagne glasses instead of cups.

We're also doing sangria, although I have thought about doing these guys with sparkling cider:


I love the idea of staggering the balloons. It's a visually interesting, and make the table a focal point of the room. So clever.

These little dudes are adorable, no? I really love the color scheme here. I decided to title her party "Susan's Sweet Sixtieth," so I chose more cotton candy-esque colors, i.e. pink, blue, peach-y, light yellow, sage, off-white.

I learned how to make the paper flowers in the last few months. Marth Stewart taught me! The napkin rings are just fewer layers and smaller cuts of tissue paper.


The party is in less than a week, so here's hoping it goes wonderfully! 

No comments:

Post a Comment