Tuesday, May 22, 2012

chicken pesto pasta with a poached egg

1. a rotisserie chicken. Wal-Mart has a rockin' garlic butter one. Sam's is supposed to carry lovely kinds too! I always ask for a fresh one.
2. 1/2 pound of pasta (spaghetti is my all-time fave), cooked al-dente.
3. 2-3 tablespoons of pesto. You can make your own with fresh basil, garlic, pine nuts & olive oil. I used the packaged for sake of ease.
4. 4 poached eggs. Boil 3-4 cups of water, salt. Crack and drop your egg, turning once. Depending on the heat of your flame/burner, it will take 5-6 minutes for the whites to cook. The goal is not to let the center cook, you want that smooth yellow to be warm, but not hard.

Debone the breast, save the rest for chicken salad. Toss the pesto with the pasta. Dish out 4 plates, top with parm, chicken &  an egg. Salt & pepper to taste...we didn't need it.

We had a bottle of Graffigna pinot grigio. Ever since we got a Mac-a-Doodles in Springdale, we get to taste lovely wines more often. Perfect. And I am not a huge pinot grigio fan, but Argentina did it right with this one. It went really well with the chicken salad wrap I made with the leftover rotisserie chicken, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment