I have spent the past couple weeks contemplating my belly button. Apparently. Not really, though. In reality, we joined a playgroup so the boys can get some other-baby time and mom can spend some time with other moms. It's been fantastic, and it's chewed up many of our otherwise free hours. This is not to mention that Isaiah has his first cold. It's so funny that no matter how young the baby is when they get their first cold, they have to learn how to deal with that stuffed-up nose.
Anyway. Yesterday, Mark took me and boys to a Scholastic Book Sale. Let me tell you. Awesome. Most of the books were 50% off, some 25%, but none at the full cover price. We picked up about $100 worth of books for $40 with a $10 off coupon we got. I got myself a REAL SIMPLE cookbook. I am so excited. I live and breath the One Dish Dinners cookbook I have by Better Homes & Gardens. I, of course, have my ancient one that Mom Sandor handed down. It's full of fun bread recipes that I just adore. But I am really excited to have a contemporary newby. My FB status is something to effect of "plan of the day: drooling over my new cookbook." Really, though, that's the plan since we're quarantining for a couple days.
Note to self: I have to share the Parker House Rolls I prepped the other day and one or two from my new cookbook. Also, I still want to share the Fels Naptha homemade detergent recipe and the keep-the-ants-away borax recipe. All in good time, right? Soon, I promise!
I saw your blog post on facebook this morning. We went to the same sale yesterday, and I share your excitement with the books! I went a little overboard at first and had to put several books back. Now my only problem is to find some free time to be able to read. :-)
ReplyDelete