Friday evenings are very special to us. The main reason is because it's God's ordained day of rest, see Genesis 2:3 (note that this is before the law was actually written in stone at Mount Sinai) and Luke 4:16, (where it's mentioned that it was Christ's custom to keep the Sabbath). So we usually make a little extra effort to make dinner on Friday evenings special.
I really do look very forward to the day when our boys can truly enjoy dinnertime with us. We had a pretty good routine going before Isaiah was born so that we could do dinner with Abe. But life has just simply become more complicated and dinner seems to be on-the-fly most nights. And it's easier to enjoy a meal once they're both in bed!
Tonight I was able to make it special for Mark and I. Special yet simple. The menu: spinach salad (literally just spinach and fresh parm with balsamic and evoo), garlic bread (I LOVE sauteed butter and fresh, minced garlic brushed atop french bread and heated to golden! NOM!), spaghetti (sauteed onion, garlic, fresh mushrooms, ground beef with red sauce), all together with a Boulevard makes near-perfection! End the meal with decaf with cream for me and hot chocolate (also with cream, nice extra-special treat) for the hubs and cheese cake, and you have quite a romantic formula!
So here's to good eats and happy Sabbaths! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment