Friday, November 2, 2012

dinner!

I love food. I cannot apologize.

Tonight we are having pan fried chicken, mashed sweet potatoes and salad, paired with a red zinfandel, and mudslides for dessert.

Now would be the appropriate time for mouths to water!

Here's how we do it:

Pan Fried Chicken: (I have learned that if you coat the chicken in one wet and two dry components, then fry it in two different wet components (be it butter and oil or coconut oil...whatever you prefer!), the texture comes out quite well.

2 eggs, beaten (another example of a wet component would be maple syrup)
1 cup bread crumbs (or whatever dry component you like, i.e. chopped walnuts, almonds, corn meal)
1/8-1/4 cup of parm (or another nut? ...just whatever suits your palate or is in your pantry)...top it on the breadcrumbs
2-4 chicken breasts, tenderloins

Heat a tablespoon of evoo & a tablespoon of butter over medium heat in a large sautee pan.

Coat the chicken in the egg, then the breadcrumbs & parm, place in the evoo-butter pan.

Flip and half-time (a term I learned at Outback! ...when the meat is about halfway done. Obviously, the tenderloins are going to cook faster than the breasts.) If need be, finish them in a 350 degree oven, since sometimes the thicker breast meat can be stubborn to cook through.

Mashed Sweet Potatoes: I used Martha's recipe. I'd change it up...instead of steaming, just sautee the potatoes in the cream, butter, & sugar -- with a low flame. You might have to add a little bit of water, but my guess is that the moisture from the potatoes, combined with the cream would soften it up nicely.

Start with a simple spinach salad and a glass of red zin and you're all set up for a lovely dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment