Friday, July 15, 2011

es el sábado, yeehaw

The yeehaw means nothing. Just to clarify. I am just excited.

And I am going to talk about food again. Meh meh meh, I know. But tonight was awesome. I think I might have just been hungry, in need of a tall mason jar of water, a glass of wine and zucchini, but it was still awesome. Ha.

I started this AM by rinsing and tossing a whole chicken in the crockpot on the lowest setting. I seasoned it with a little (okay, a lot...because I love it!) of olive oil and salt & pepper. Chicken is so easy that way, especially when it has all the skin & fat & bones to help it cook down and give it flavor.

This evening, I finished washing the cars (you can SEE my H's...we own Hondas) and the we played in the pool for a half hour. When we came in the house, I chopped up a zucchini and some garlic and sauteed it with some more evoo (did I mention that I love olive oil?).

Who needs it, right? But I decided we needed starch. I bought some "everything" french bread, so BAM. And I did the fancy plate (like at Noodles) of, you guessed it, evoo & balsamic with cracked pepper to dip. Nom. The boys love bread. Who can blame them?

All this with a (tall) glass of tempranillo. Happy Sabbath.

No comments:

Post a Comment