Wednesday, May 11, 2011

of late...

I am happy to say that we did not go over budget this month. Each week we did not spend over $100 on groceries. We did end up using the remainder of each weeks' grocery budget to nurse ourselves back to health. Because we were all so sick and so homebound for 3 weeks, we saved a whopping $100 in gas. We used that money to celebrate Mother's Day, which was mighty fine for me. So not only did we not go over budget, but I have been able to pretty up the front of the house.
Hello, Abe. And Andy-cat by the stroller.
  • My hanging impatiens flank the front window.
  • I used some of the edging pavers the previous owner had elsewhere to outline the flower bed in front of the front window, then mulched it.
  • Now I am contemplating flowers for the front steps, hence the empty pots.

The problem with me and a few (mind you, just a few!) extra dollars is that I want to spend it. I came in the house to get my mind and heartstrings off of buying those flowers for the pots. I have much more special things to save that money for.

  • Mark got himself through April. It was a turbulent month, and he deserves a little celebration! I contemplate...
  • We have a good friend coming into town on Friday. I really want to try Greenhouse Grille, I hear they have a YUMMY, local and organic menu, perfect for Sunday brunch. Emelia's also has a great brunch menu.
You see, temptation and immediate gratification knock. But I will not answerrrrr!

No comments:

Post a Comment