thoughts & meditations of a woman with hopes of living up to the family name, raising her family well, and cherishing this beautiful life
Friday, April 15, 2011
Starry Night
A very good friend of mine is hosting 5k & 10k race in Joplin, Missouri on Saturday evening, June 4th. It will likely cost $15 to enter either distance, though details have yet to be ironed out. Proceeds from the race will go to benefit her sister, who has recently been diagnosed and is suffering terribly and without insurance from a very aggressive form of breast cancer.
I am planning to train for the Couch to 5K! My training will begin on Tuesday. It's 3 days a week, and I will get outside and run, rain or shine, at 7 PMish, after the boys are in bed. I can't wait to get started! If anyone is interested in training with me, or especially in honor my friend's sister, I am all about making it a community event! ...the training and racing for the benefit of someone else.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment