Well, I lied. I said I was going to start the Couch to 5K running plan last Tuesday. But one thing after the other after the other came up. Wahh, wahhh-wahh, wahh-wahhh. I know. The boys have been out of sorts, so I started last night. Hey, I did it instead of going shopping! *Now* you can give me some praise ;)
Ahem. There is a reason they start you out doing 60 seconds of running, coupled with 90 seconds of walking. You're supposed to do it for 20 minutes, or 8 rotations. My the end of the second run, I was FEELIN' it. (LAME!) And by the end, my behind was burning so bad. When I got home, I felt like a wet noodle, my whole body. Then I started to have a little panic attack. I was thinking, "I have to do this again tomorrow?!" The answer, my friends, is NO!!! I don't have to run again until Sunday. The C25K only suggests running 3 times per week. For me, the plan is Tuesday, Thursday, Sunday!
The idea behind the C25K that I think is fantastic is that you ease your way into running. Everytime I have started running, I started with a 1/2 mile or a mile run. And I always felt like I'd been run over by a freight train, or at least my brain did, the day of and for a couple days after. That will shoot your motivation in the foot! So, I completed week 1, day 1, and I don't feel terrible this AM. I'll admit, I need to hydrate better by Sunday (and my next run), but other than that, I just feel accomplished. I do not feel in shape, but I do feel accomplished!
I just finished week 1 of the C25K program! I ran outside on Monday, treadmill on Wed, and outside this morning. Treadmill is definitely easier but have found that each day the whole program was easier. I have added this podcast to my ipod. http://www.kissmyblackass.org/podcasts/couch-to-5k/ it's full of music and she tells you when to start walking or running. And it's free! Good luck!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the link, Em! And I am so proud of you! I don't know about you, but I am hoping for a happier post-pregnancy physique. Best wishes on your training. My friend is hosting a night run on a Saturday in May, I am so jazzed! Do you have a run scheduled?
ReplyDelete