Monday, January 31, 2011

bed spreads

Update on sleep training: Isaiah slept through the night last night! I know! It's insane. I have been hoping for it for a while, but I didn't think he'd actually do it. Ha. A couple of friends suggested moving his bedtime. He's so sleepy by 6 and goes down without a fight. But we scooted back to 7:20ish, and he slept through, without a peep until 6:30. I woke up so rested. Mind you, I tossed and turned from about 2:30. ...but I never had to get out of bed. Amazing.

Now I may be going a little overboard, getting a little too excited and optimistic, but I took the boys bed shopping today! I have already decided to use Abe's bed as their headboards. He has a traditonal Jenny Lind style crib. I love it so much. It's classic baby. My boys may grow up, but I want to keep those little reminders that they are my babies. My plan is to use the sides of the crib as their headboard and just use a basic metal frame as the body of the beds. They'll share a room, and I am pretty sure they'll move into our room and we into theirs.

I envision a plaid quilt, like this. Pottery Barn Kids rocks. They have Star Wars, but I really want my boys to be able to choose their passions, not just adopt Daddy's. :) It's so fun when you find just what you're looking for. Pottery Barn rarely disappoints. Not sure we'll be able to do it anytime soon, but at least I know that the vision I have can be done.

I have also been tossing around the idea of painting the bedroom floors. We'll see if that comes to fruition.

If we were to move in to what is now Abe's room, we'd have to change the paint color. I love the blue in his room, but it's not me at all. We might have to go with a sage green or a lavendar. Mark may not like it in principle, but he usually doesn't really notice design. :) I haven't decided if we'll paint the boys' room.

No comments:

Post a Comment