Monday, October 18, 2010

vegetarian lasagna

If you read this blog, you may come to the conclusion that I am obsessed with food. And you might be right. To confirm such an accusation, I present to thou reader another recipe: veggie lasagna.

I have this great cookbook, it's called One Dish Dinners. It's full of meals you serve in one dish. Some of the recipes are complicated and call for really obscure ingredients, but I've found that many of them are simple and straightforward, which I love!

For the veggie lasagna you'll need:

2 tablespoons of olive oil
2 carrots
2 cups (approx. 1 1/2 onions)
4 cloves of garlic, minced

heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil, add the listed ingredients. sautee until the onions are softened and/or you can smell the garlic cooking. pepper to taste.

1 jar/can prepared red pasta sauce

add pasta sauce to onion, carrot, garlic mix

2 zucchini, thinly sliced

grease a cookie sheet, lay the zucchini out on the cookie sheet, brush with the other tablespoon of olive oil and broil the zucchini for a couple minutes on each side

bake-in-oven lasagna noodles
2 cups chopped portabella mushrooms (2 caps or 6 baby)
cottage cheese (if you're going for protein, mozerella if you want gooey lasagna!)
fresh parmesan

create your lasagna layers -- noodles, red sauce, zucchini, cottage cheese, parm, mushrooms. I made two layers...it all depends on the size of your baking pan.

Bake at 350 for 40 minutes to an hour, or until the parm on top is golden.

Munch munch munch :)

1 comment: