Friday, July 12, 2013

I don't need no Starbucks

Wednesday I met a few new mommas at the Springdale Public Library (Miss Erin leads a really fantastic toddler story time, so go visit her sometime! She is a doll!). We decided to meet up this morning at Veterans Memorial Park. It's shaded!

Guess who came striding into the play area! Dan Faires' HGTV producer. Then Dan Faires himself. I know he's a local celebrity, but I can't help but be slightly star struck. Plus Mark & I used to work with his wifey at Outback. Boy, it's a small world!

So here's the really cool part: Dan and his brother Tim have been investing heavily in downtown Springdale. If you look at the bones -- the architecture, the older, early- to mid-century homes, the civil engineering that pieces our little city together, it, while disheveled, truly is a diamond in the rough. It's why we bought our house here! If any of you have seen some of the work Dan is famous for, you know that whatever he chooses to revitalize is going to spring back to life.

Another really cool bit about Springdale is that our portion of the Razorback Greenway is under construction. That means that a 36 mile trail will connect south Fayetteville to Bentonville by this fall. Connecting our communities, creating a different yet safe way to commute, and promoting healthy living are slices of the impact this Greenway will have on Northwest Arkansas.

I live in a vibrant, growing, flourishing town. Come play this us sometime! I keep sweet tea and lemonade on hand, just knock! Or at least go visit Warehouse 54 Indie Market or Bella's, both just east of 71 on Emma in Springdale. You're gonna love them!

No comments:

Post a Comment