I have too many friends whose marriages have fallen apart or are falling apart. It's heartbreaking. I am no one's judge and I cannot compare mine to theirs or yours or anyone's. But the lyrics of this song speak to so many broken hearts.
A few months ago, I heard a woman speak to a group of women on the importance of dating your husband. She said: put it on the calendar and make it special. When you anticipate something, no matter how big or small, anticipation realized releases hormones that bond people. So if you are planning, making the event special and seeing it through, you and your husband are going to be more-closely bonded in ways that nothing can touch.
I also heard someone quote Herbert Armstrong recently, saying that family is a God-plane relationship. Like no one can come between you and your relationship with your Creator, if you see to it, if you remind each other of your love as it was when you fell in love, no one, no thing can come between you and the love of your life. Awesome.
PS Jake and Mariah should do this as a duet, just sayin.
Sorta on topic - Jason and I have been reading this book in preparation for marriage but it can be read at any point in a relationship. It's called "Love and Respect" by Emerson Eggerichs and it's based on Ephesians 5:33. It can be repetitive at times but it really makes sense of a lot of things. My soon to be sis-in-law said it's the best marriage enrichment book she's ever read. Pass it along to any friends whose relationship may be struggling!
ReplyDelete