This here woman is back to things she loves. Home! And FOOD! Nothing like your own kitchen to take the blues away.
Tonight we wanted to go light for dinner. It is so hottt! Dude, when are the 100 degree temps going to end? Next Saturday? They better. Pray for rain. No, really!
Tangent, sorry. Fruit salad and spinach salad. And a wee bit of yogurt. I think I read about combining walnuts and feta on a menu (we ate at a couple of really fun restaurants in downtown Minneapolis: Republic & Town Hall Brewery). I like to make my own vinagrettes. Forget store bought stuff. Blend a couple table spoons of evoo, balsamic and a little bit of honey, maybe some mustard. Too easy to justify eating the fillers/preservatives. No seriously, read the labels.
Tossed spinach topped with feta and WALNUTS. My new fave combo. I have always detested walnuts (despite the fact that they have uber-rich Omega-3 fatty acids)...because of their funky palate residue. Feta totally blends that funk with its pungent bite. It was actually super smooth. Hence, this is my new favorite combo. Holler!
No comments:
Post a Comment