Got a great cookbook. I love RR because she's so spunky. Some of her stuff is too funky for my taste, but there are some pretty basic recipes I love. Like Black Bean Stoup (a stoup is a cross - in consistency - between a soup and a stew), delectable. But when she says she offers up THREE HUNDRED AND SIXTY FIVE recipes, she's not lying. I am on 106. :/
I am finding that we are really basic kinda folk -- we love chicken, a little spice, potatoes, rice, most veggies. Exotic would be anything too fishy (salmon is FABULOUS from time to time and I love a good red snapper), things that involve superfluous prepartion. Perhaps I need a little encouragement to invest in things like watercress and arugula. I don't know, isn't caesar salad or spinach with evoo and balsamic just easier?
So I am wading through well over 200 more recipes this weekend (that's the goal!). Of course, there is the normal weekly menu prep to polish, shop for, two boys to feed, get ready and nap. OH! And tomorrow our very good friends are having a celebratory ADOPTION PARTY! Henry is officially a Hilgenberg. ...busy Sunday, bring it!
No comments:
Post a Comment