Tonight Hubs took the boys and I on a couple of adventures. I say adventures because we got about 2 feet of snow a few days ago (not to mention the 8 inches we got the week before. I, personally being from the South, have never seen this much snow.) First, we swung by Office Depot to pick up a laptop. Yes, we finally did it. It's like we're living in the digital age or something. It's really for him, so he has something to tote to campus or when we go away for weekends. He just said to me, "This is pretty cool." Fun new toy for the Sandor's!
Next, we went to our favorite Thai place. It's called Thai Secret and it's on the corner of 40th and Sunset in Springdale. Kind of random. What we love is that it's way cleaner than any place in Fayetteville, it's kid friendly, open and kind of formal; I always feel special when we go there. That's huge to me. Dinner was great. I can't pronouce or spell or remember the name of the dish I got, but it was FABULOUS. Abe had tangerine chicken. Perfect for him. Mark had brocolli beef with super hot spice. (Remember: Mark loves ANYTHING with 1) beef and 2) spice.)
It had been well over 2 hours since Ike woke up from his third-of-three nap when we jumped [over the snow and] back in the car. We have misplaced Ike's pacis, so I hopped [over the snow and ice and through the muck and water and] out at Neighborhood Market to pick up a few (or four, to be exact). Okay. Here comes the Fun: I found a package of [not Nuks, but "orthodontic," whatever that means to a kid without teeth?] two with a KNIGHT and a DRAGON. How stinkin' cool? ...stinkin'.
While I was there and on my way to check myself out, I picked up some raspberry filled dark chocolate Ghiradelli.
We get home, put the boys to bed, I hint to Mark that he needs to go find [the Ghiradelli] in my purse. He is so pleasantly surprised. Pair it with a glass of Red Guitar and BAM, you have yourself simple pleasure NUMBER FIVE. Not bad for the eve of the end of SNOWOCOLYPSE 2011.
Red Guitar? I'm assuming that's the brand of wine? And, I'm slightly jealous over the amount of snow you got. I've been praying for a snow day since December. Hope the Sandors are having a great Sabbath!
ReplyDeleteYeah, the Red Guitar is a tempranilla, garnacha blend, another Spanish wine. We're still finding new ones. What we love is that the Spanish wines we are discovering are dry reds. We are not into cheap beer or sweet wine. ;)
ReplyDeleteWe hope you McCarty's are having a wonderful Sabbath as well!