Monday, February 7, 2011

bok choy

I definitely question how I have never used it. It's in every grocery store all year. Why have I never attempted to cook with bok choy.

Traditionally a veggie in Chinese style dishes, it was compared in texture to cabbage in a cookbook I have been perusing. So when the store didn't the Napa cabbage, I decided to go with the bok choy instead. Not a mistake.

It's sweet. Who knew? Those who've cooked with it, perhaps!

Tonight, we are trying a recipe out of the REAL SIMPLE cookbook I purchased at a book fair recently. It's sauteed onions, some garlic, some sweet pepper, S&P, I added chicken, then pierogies. I really think sour cream (which I usually use as a condiment with my pierogies) will balance out the light veggies and sauteed chicken.

I adore pierogies, so TY REAL SIMPLE for a new take on them. ...and inadvertently introducing me to bok choy!

No comments:

Post a Comment