Saturday, February 5, 2011

another project

...is calling my name. I can't help it. I wish I had thousands to spend on things I love. But I don't. So I latch on to various things, and when I get a little stir crazy (i.e. we get 8 inches of snow and are cooped up for over a week), and I browse and rebrowse my Pottery Barn Kids catalog, go to Hobby Lobby and try to figure out how to put thought into action.

One of the reasons we bought this house is because it was "finished." We didn't have to do anything to it. We just brought our stuff in and as I get used ot he spaces, I add a little something here and there. If I think I can make it for cheap, I store it in the back of my mind and when the time is right, I'll take off the proverbial shelf.

This week we rearranged the bedroom back to how it was originally set up before baby-Ike arrived. And we changed the comforter. (I like to try to make things no-so feminine for Mark's sake. I am learning that while he may initially sneer at my style preferences, ulitmately, he really doesn't care.) Well, the older comforter is wiser; it is more neutral and quite a bit more inviting than the newer one. It's main colors are beige, pink, blue and sage green. And it's a quilt. I remembered that we had sage green sheers lying in an unused linens box in the garage, so I busted them out. They're hanging with a swag tie to the side. They bring the focal point to both their adjacent corner, and the two walls between them are empty. Conclusion: We need a "headboard" to break up the emptiness.

So yesterday I ventured out, driving over much ice and snow, to HL and picked up a 42 inch canvas, some natural fiber quilt material, a yard of batting, and some silk rope. We'll see if it works.

I have a couple of sconces, some silk flowers, and a few decorative panels to include in the space if I so choose. I am tempted to paint everything white. It's very in, you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment