Monday, November 29, 2010

another week's menu

This week chicken is the meat of choice. I purchased two tenders packages. Each package comes with 11 or 12 tenders. They're called tenders because they are the most tender part of the bird. Imagine that. Each package cost $4.50, and I already know we'll have leftovers for another time.

Too, two weeks ago I bought a monster tube (10 lbs., I think ...it was way cheaper than buying it pound by pound) of ground beef from Harps. (I tried bierocks, didn't love them!) So ground beef is another part of the planning this week.

Sunday: soup and salad (I've discovered V8 boxes of soup, and there aren't any super-sketchy ingredients. It's a great way to mix up the menu and stay in budget. A box is 2 bowls worth and is $2.88 here. I made some new potatoes (carmelized onion and pan fried cubed potatoes) and added that to it.)
Monday: chicken stir fry (one of my favorite recipes!)
Tuesday: Spaghetti (red sauce and ground beef. I usually serve this with a simple spinach salad.)
Wednesday: chicken couscous (SO simple!)
Thursday: Chili (our house guests 2 weeks ago got in super late, so I made something else, yet we still have the ingredients.)
Friday: Chicken & pasta with white sauce, mushrooms
Saturday: some kind of leftovers, surely
Sunday: ??

I really want to make a waldorf salad, too. ...I think I'll share that recipe, since it's so simple!

No comments:

Post a Comment